Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fun Fun...And Cheesecake Making...

Ok so I told you in my last post that the next baking project was going to be fondant and cheesecake, Hannah has the fondant pictures so I will post about the cheesecake and maybe get the pictures from Hannah later.
I'm also posting a couple pictures of that night when the Kenny's and Grays came over to celebrate my Moms birthday.

This is a sneak peek on mine and Hannahs first fondant project...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I made a chocolate cheesecake for my Mommy's birthday.
I don't know where we got the recipe for the cheesecake, but its called 'Fudge Truffle Cheesecake' and trust me, it tastes as good as it sounds!

 Recipe for cheesecake filling

3 8oz packs of cream cheese (it makes it alot easier if you soften it first)
1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated)
1 12oz package of chocolate chips, melted
4 Eggs
1/4 cup coffee flavored liqueur(this ingredient is optional, I've never made it with it before, but I thought I would try it)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
 
Recipe for cheesecake crust

1 1/2 cups vanilla wafers, About 45 wafers
6 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/3 cup unsweet cocoa
1/3 cup margerine or butter, melted
 
Prepare cheesecake filling

In large mixing bowl, beat cheese until fluffy.


Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth.


Add remaining ingredients which include eggs,



Vanilla,



Melted chocolate,

and coffee flavored liqueur.
Mix well.


Now the batter should be looking like this!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for the crust.



In medium mixing bowl(I use a blender), mix vanilla wafers,


Powdered sugar,


Cocoa powder and


melted butter or margarine.


Press firmly on bottom and 1/2 inch up side of 9-inch springform pan



Fill prepared pan with cheesecake batter, bake 1 hour and 5 minutes.

Now if you followed all the steps correctly your cheesecake should look like this!

Yes, it does taste better than it looks, lol.


There you go, now you know how to make Fudge Truffle Cheesecake!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Here are a couple pictures of the night of my Mothers birthday...


Here we have the parents chit-chatting,



Mr Gray brought pizza for dinner...






All the little kids went to my room to play puzzles,
I could not get a decent picture of the little munchkins





Goodbye all you peoples, have a nice rest of your day.

~~Carol-Anne~~


Oh and be sure to check out our Art page, it has alot of cool pictures that Hannah and I took.
We update it alot too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting, have a great day!